The Best Book for this period is Mansfield Park by Jane Austen!
The Best Book for this period is Coromandel Sea Change by Rumer Godden!
The Best Book for this period is The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O’Farrell!
The Best Book for this period is Olive, Again by Elizabeth Strout!
It’s that time of year again, my blog anniversary and the post in which I pick the ten best books I’ve reviewed this year. As always, it’s a difficult choice. Basically, it usually comes down to the ten books that are most memorable to me.
This year, most of the books were historical novels. There are lots of good ones around lately, but also I think maybe I’ve been reading more of them. No nonfiction, I’m afraid, although I have read some good ones.
- Crow Lake by Mary Lawson
- Golden Hill by Francis Spufford
- Minds of Winter by Ed O’Loughlin
- Transcription by Kate Atkinson
- The Greenlanders by Jane Smiley
- The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton
- Mothering Sunday by Graham Swift
- Washington Black by Esi Edugyan
- The People in the Trees by Hanya Yanigihara
- Milkman by Anna Burns