The Best Book for this period is Everything Under by Daisy Johnson!
The Best Book for this period is Things in Jars by Jess Kidd!
Here it is my ninth anniversary for this blog, and as is my custom, I am posting my top ten of the books I reviewed this year.
This year is much more of a mixed bag than last year. I have selected a classic science fiction novel, several contemporary novels, several historical novels, a couple of older classic novels, and even one ghost story. Although a few nonfiction novels made it to my periodic best book posts, I selected all fiction books this time. I read one of the books on the list for the Literary Wives blogging club and another for one of my projects, the Booker prize project.
So, with no more ado, here is my top ten list, in the order that I reviewed the books:
- Bitter Orange by Claire Fuller
- Elmet by Fiona Mozley
- The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula Le Guin
- The Dutch House by Ann Patchett
- The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O’Farrell
- The Sun Down Motel by Simone St. James
- The Towers of Trebizond by Rose Macaulay
- Smile of the Wolf by Tim Leach
- The Mirror and the Light by Hilary Mantel
- Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
The Best Book for this period is Mansfield Park by Jane Austen!
The Best Book for this period is Coromandel Sea Change by Rumer Godden!
The Best Book for this period is The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O’Farrell!