It’s that time of year again, my blog anniversary and the post in which I pick the ten best books I’ve reviewed this year. As always, it’s a difficult choice. Basically, it usually comes down to the ten books that are most memorable to me.
This year, most of the books were historical novels. There are lots of good ones around lately, but also I think maybe I’ve been reading more of them. No nonfiction, I’m afraid, although I have read some good ones.
- Crow Lake by Mary Lawson
- Golden Hill by Francis Spufford
- Minds of Winter by Ed O’Loughlin
- Transcription by Kate Atkinson
- The Greenlanders by Jane Smiley
- The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton
- Mothering Sunday by Graham Swift
- Washington Black by Esi Edugyan
- The People in the Trees by Hanya Yanigihara
- Milkman by Anna Burns
The Best Book for this period is Fourth of July Creek by Smith Henderson!
The Best Book for this period is Closed Doors by Lisa O’Donnell!
This time’s Best Book is Because of the Lockwoods by Dorothy Whipple!
The Best Book for this period is Dear Thief by Samantha Harvey!
The Best Book for this period is Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng!