The Classics Club has announced a spin for the end of this month. If you post a numbered list of 20 of your Classics Club books by November 27th, the club will spin to pick the number of your next read for the club. The deadline for reading the book and posting a review is January 31, 2019, so the club has challenged us all to put our biggest tomes on the list because of the extra reading time.
So, with no further ado, here is my list. I will say ahead of time that I have no idea whether some of these books are tomes are not:
- To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf
- The Expedition of Humphry Clinker by Tobias Smollett
- Challenge by Vita Sackville-West
- Aurora Floyd by Mary Elizabeth Braddon
- The Viscount de Braggalone by Alexandre Dumas
- Madame de Treymes by Edith Wharton
- The Old Man’s Birthday by Richmal Crompton
- The Good Soldier by Ford Madox Ford
- Oroonoko by Aphra Behn
- Owls Do Cry by Janet Frame
- Evelina by Frances Burney
- The Lady and the Unicorn by Rumer Godden
- Joanna Godden by Sheila Kay-Smith
- Mary Lavelle by Kate O’Brien
- Kenilworth by Sir Walter Scott
- The Last of the Wine by Mary Renault
- The Prince by Machievelli
- The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky
- Memories: From Moscow to the Black Sea by Teffi
- The Winged Horse by Pamela Frankau
Happy reading to everyone, and I hope the spin selects a good book for you.
As it is Thanksgiving Day here in the U. S., Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!