As I do on all my anniversaries, today is the day I list the ten best books that I reviewed this year. This list is always difficult. I do not favor any particular genres but simply select the ten books I enjoyed most during the previous year. I won’t pick more than one book by the same author.
So, in no order except the one in which I reviewed them, here is my top 10 list!
- Our Souls at Night by Kent Haruf
- A Spool of Blue Thread by Anne Tyler
- Fair Helen by Andrew Greig
- Some Do Not by Ford Madox Ford
- History of the Rain by Niall Williams
- Family Roundabout by Richmal Crompton
- The Perpetual Curate by Margaret Oliphant
- Rush Oh! by Shirley Barrett
- H Is for Hawk by Helen Macdonald
- An Officer and a Spy by Robert Harris