As a change of pace, I took up the offer of Naomi at Consumed by Ink to participate in the TBR Book Tag. The only rules are to answer the questions and then tag some more people (if you want). So, please let me know if you’d like to participate (or I might tag someone)!
1. How do you keep track of your TBR pile? This is probably going to seem anal-retentive. I have the bottom of my nightstand completely filled up with books, and the overflow of more recently purchased books is on my desk. The nightstand is stacked in reading order with the genres mixed up together, and the books on the desk get put into the nightstand as the quantity of books in the nightstand dwindles. However, there’s no guarantee when I pick up the next book that I’ll feel like reading it, so I often go through the pile looking for one that I feel more like reading.
2. Is your TR mostly print or e-book? It is almost all print books. I have a couple of e-books from Netgalley on my iPad at most times.
3. How do you determine which book from your TBR to read? I take the next one in the nightstand unless I just don’t feel like it, and then I go down the pile until I find one I want to read. Sometimes, if I just bought a new book that I really want to read, I’ll take it off the desk.
4. A book that’s been on your TBR the longest? The Decline and Fall of the British Empire by Piers Brendan. My husband bought it for me. It’s not that I don’t think the subject might be interesting, it’s just that he buys from the Bargain Books, and although you sometimes find a real bargain there, often those books are there for a reason. I’ll probably read it one of these days. At least Brendan is a historian. Sometimes my husband has bought me nonfiction books written by people with no credentials in the subject whatsoever.
5. A book you recently added to your TBR? Sisters by a River by Barbara Comyns
6. A TBR on your list strictly because of its beautiful cover? I will admit to doing this occasionally, but not right now.
7. A book on your TBR that you never plan on reading? Maybe not A Shropshire Lad, which I got free from the Folio Society.
8. An unpublished book on your TBR that you’re excited about? I only have a couple unpublished books, but I guess I’m looking forward most to Rubbernecker by Belinda Bauer, who writes delightfully scary thrillers.
9. A book on your TBR that basically everyone has read but you? The Little Friend by Donna Tartt. I read Tartt’s first book (The Secret History) years ago and thought it was over-rated, so I never read the second one. Then this past year I read The Goldfinch. Excellent!
10. A book on your TBR list that everyone recommends to you? Right now I don’t have one. I’ve got a lot of obscure books in my pile.
11. A book on your TBR that you’re dying to read? Greenbanks by Dorothy Whipple
12. How many books are on your TBR shelf at Goodreads? 63, but I’m not good at keeping it up. I have completely different books on my Wish List on Amazon, and most of the books in my TBR at home are not on the Goodreads list.
Let me know if you’d like to be tagged!