How nice! Sarrah J. Woods of A Bringer of New Things has nominated me for the One Lovely Blog award. Thank you, Sarrah! The award rules are these:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Share seven things about yourself that your readers still may not know.
- Nominate 15 bloggers.
- Notify the nominees that you have done so.
- Put the logo of the award on your blog.
Seven Things about Myself
I don’t say very much about myself on my blog because it’s mainly for book reviews, so it should be easy to find seven things to say about myself that my readers don’t know (except those who are my close friends).
- I live in Texas, where I absolutely hate the weather. I am originally from the north and have always liked cold weather. In a couple of years we are moving to Washington state, where my husband and I have already bought a house on five acres of land. I can’t wait for snow and foggy days. What a change from baking for six months a year!
- I moved to Texas from Michigan. Once I got here, I said to myself “Five years tops.” It has been more than 30.
- I have four inside cats and one outside cat, also a dog. No, I am not the crazy cat lady. Our inside cats were born in our wood pile and we cat-napped them when they were old enough. Their mother is our outside cat. Although we have had these cats for 10 years, the mother is still feral and won’t let me pet her. She lets my husband pet her (a little bit) because he feeds everyone.
- I work as a technical writer and editor in the software industry. I also taught writing classes for various colleges and universities for more than 15 years.
- I got married for the first time when I was 45. Such a change in life.
- I have always wanted to visit Russia. I think it’s because of the onion domes.
- I took four years of Russian in college. I don’t speak it because that was a long time ago.
I can’t really think of 15 nominees since I don’t read lots and lots of blogs. I apologize if some of these bloggers have already received the award. Cecilia, of Only You, I would nominate you, but I know you got nominated yesterday! My nominees are:
- Rosemary and Reading Glasses
- The Bookshelf of Emily J.
- Photo Nature Blog
- One Little Library
- Consumed by Ink
- Cedar Station
- The Classics Club
- Blogging for a Good Book
- Life in Russia
- Unabridged Chick